For whatever it may be worth, I have included my technical writing resume below :
- Experienced Technical Writer skilled in creating content for IT, engineering, publishing, and finance industries.
- Organized and efficient in deadline-driven and rapidly changing environment, delivering top-notch, well-organised documents on schedule and within budget.
- Excels at working with subject-matter experts to gather information, identify relevant data and audiences, and write documents that are clear and user friendly.
- Excellent quality-driven project manager with proven success prioritizing and delegating work, creating and maintaining project plans and supervising writers, web developers, software consultants and illustrators .
- Strong team player valuable as a knowledgeable point-of-contact for documentation projects.
- Superior communication and presentation abilities.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- 12 years of experience writing and editing technical documents, including user manuals, white papers, annual reports, presentations, tutorials, and web content.
- 15 years of experience creating web applications including CMS and Ecommerce platforms.
- 10 years of experience writing user manuals for web applications software.
- 10 years experience creating content for corporate marketing and training projects.
- Thorough knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style and AP Stylebook.
- Adept with formatting wide range content types, open source programs and content management systems.
- Authored four 250+ page software user guides for Drupal and Joomla CMS programmers.
- Authored SME-oriented monographs for IBM Knowledge Center and several other client organisations.
- Authored content for online learning LMS in IT, and commercial educational projects.
- Planned, authored, and coded HTML-based help systems supporting web applications for software publishers.
- Created document repositories using open source software.
- Planned, wrote, and edited operational and instructional manuals, for paper- and web-based publications.
- Documented engineering processes and specifications for software development lifecycle, product delivery, and product and patch releases.
- Designed and developed a wide range of web and intranet applications for several client projects, using open source software.
- Wrote, edited, and formatted corporate annual reports and white papers.
- Collaborated with clients’ marketing and operations department to strengthen content in technical proposals, company manuals, employee forms, and contract deliverables.
- Helped to develop user manuals, program documentation, training manuals, and operational procedures.
- Assisted in maintenance and updates of documents to support changes in application and business.
- Contributed to clients’ website marketing content, customer service, and external customer training.
- Wrote concept notes, feasibilities and financing proposals for charity projects.
- Wrote work specifications, contract documents and schedules for construction and manufacturing projects.
- PACKT Publishing
- Taylor and Francis
- IBM Knowledge Base / StudioB
- ADOBE / Studio B
- SHELL Petroleum
- PZ Cussons Industries Plc
Do you have a great idea for a new technical publication and you are looking for a writer to put it together?
I am a freelance Technical Writer, with huge capacity for research, fantastic writing skill and the ability to create SME-oriented content across a wide range of technical topics.
I am available on work for hire, project target cost, royalty and whatever other basis you may propose in between.
My contact details : email@example.com | +234-808-500-7469